Join us at the EAAP conference in Ghent (26-30th August 2019) for an ASGGN meeting
Westin Bayshore, 17th August 2014, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
· common protocols for measurement of CH4 emissions(and associated traits)
· calibrations of measurement procedures between countries
· co-measurement of appropriate correlated and productive traits
· formalised protocols for collection and storage of DNA from all animals measured and also protocols for collection and storage of rumen samples from all animals measured
· criteria for data sharing and analysis (including meta analysis) among all contributing parties
We expect the ASGGN to meet formally once per year at an International Conference that members will be attending independently. The next meeting of ASGGN will be held in Vancouver, Canada on Sunday 17th August 2014 as a satellite meeting of the World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production (www.wcgalp.com).
During this meeting in Vancouver we will cover:
1) the main conclusion of the White Paper on “Breeding ruminants that emit less methane – development of consensus methods for measurement of methane”;
2) an update of the ICAR Greenhouse Gases Working Group;
3) presentations on improvements on methods to measure methane;
4) presentations on advancements in analytical methods;
5) a discussion on what’s next for the ASGGN group.
The final agenda of the meeting will be uploaded closer to the meeting.
Sponsoring for this network meeting of the New Zealand Agriculture Greenhouse Gas Research Centre (NZAGRC) is gratefully appreciated.
We hope to see many of you there!
Natalie & Yvette
On the 14th and 16th of February the annual meeting... Read more
Information about 2 network meetings at... Read more
ASGGN updateOct 14
Dear all, I would like to share a few messages... Read more